An excellent savory dinner option.
- 2 lbs beef ribs
- 2 quarts bone broth base
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried green peppercorns, crushed
- several sprigs of fresh thyme, tied together
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup rice noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced mixed veggies
- sea salt to taste
- gluten free tamari or coconut aminos
Preheat oven to 400 *F. Strew ribs in a baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove with tongs to a large pot and add bone broth and vinegar. Add a little water to the beef rib pan, bring to a boil and deglaze the pan, adding this liquid to the pot. Let soak for 1 hour, then bring to a simmer and scrape off any scum that rises to the surface. Add tomato paste, garlic, peppercorns, meat, and thyme. Let bones cool and remove meat from bones. Chop up meat and add to soup, along with rice noodles and vegetables. Simmer until noodles and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and tamari/aminos.