Skirt Steak and Fajita Style Veggies
Make a great dinner with steak & veggies.
Makes 2-4 servings
For the steak:
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs or more of skirt or flank steak
- 3 limes
- ¼ cup of avocado or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- ~½ teaspoon of oregano, chili powder, chipotle powder (or paprika), pepper
For the veggies:
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons juice from orange, and a few grates of zest
Make the steak marinade a few hours or night before by combining all of the ingredients, except for the steak, in a bowl and whisking to combine. Cut the steak in 6 inch sections, and place in a gallon size Ziploc bag or Tupperware/glass container. Pour in the marinade mixture making sure it’s all covered and refrigerate until 20 minutes before cooking. Heat a grill or skillet to med high, and cook the steak. About 3 minutes on each side will give you perfectly med rare since skirt steak is pretty thin.
For the veggies, preheat oven to 350, then julienne (cut into strips) and add to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Add orange zest on top. Roast veggies for about 15 minutes until they start to char, and broil for about 3 minutes after that.
Credits to Chef Nicole from California Paleo Kitchen