Use the attachments below when recommended as part of your treatment, or before your first visit to Acuworks.
Health History Form Please have completed for your first visit
Consent to Treat Form Please have completed for your first visit
HIPAA Privacy Notice Please have completed for your first visit
Metabolic Assessment Form Please have completed for your first visit
What to expect on your first visit to Acuworks.
First, Are You Accepting New Patients?
Dixie Wall Acupuncture and Wellness is pleased to welcome new patients. All new patients will receive a full physical exam during their first visit. The first visit typically takes one or two hours. Subsequent visits are shorter, typically averaging at 45 minutes per visit. We will follow normal protocol to determine future visit regularity. Typically, we follow an average of two visits a week for three weeks, then revaluate to determine the best course of action for you.
How Can I Prepare for My Visit?
There are a few things you can do to prepare for your first visit:
– Please print and complete our Health History Form and bring it with you
– Wear loose fitting clothing or bring comfortable clothes that you can change into
– Be sure to eat something light within two hours of receiving treatment
– Avoid alcohol before treatment
– Avoid strenuous activity before and after treatments
You can also use our Wellness Check Online and discuss the results with us at your visit.
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient and main component of Asian Medicine, dating back at least 2,500 years if not longer. It is a safe, painless and highly effective way to treat a wide variety of medical issues. Unlike Western medicine, acupuncture treats ailments without the use of pharmaceuticals.
Acupuncture treatment involves the delicate insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific sites along the body’s meridians. These needles clear energy blockages and encourage the normal flow of “qi,” or "life energy," through the patient.
Acupuncture is a primary treatment at Dixie Wall Acupuncture and Wellness. We believe that acupuncture is a treatment that can benefit everyone. This type of holistic treatment not only strengthens the body, but also supports it in healing itself. Acupuncture has been shown to correct hundreds of Western diseases and symptoms without the negative side effects of Western pharmaceutical treatments. If you are interested in a holistic and drug free approach to your health, be sure to call Dixie Wall Acupuncture and Wellness.
How Can Acupuncture Help Me?
Acupuncture is a natural form of healing that offers many benefits including:
– Clearing and Opening Your Mind – Many of those who use acupuncture notice improved mental clarity afterwards. They feel like they are able to make decisions faster and with greater confidence. Acupuncture can also help you open your mind. Acupuncture requires us to think about health in an entirely new way, often times opposing mainstream medical tenets. Acupuncture will certainly remind you that there are multiple ways of approaching health and the world
– Decreasing Stress – Acupuncture can remove you from a perpetual state of stress and depression. Through an acupuncture treatment, your nervous system will mellow and you will feel less affected by stress. You will also feel better equipped to manage the stressful aspects of your life
– Increasing Energy – The after effect of acupuncture is usually increased energy, with many individuals reporting they have more energy in the hours, days and even weeks after acupuncture treatment
– Relaxation and Sleep – Insomnia is one of the most common complaints seen by acupuncturists. Luckily, acupuncture can be highly effective at resolving sleeping and relaxation issues
These are only a few of the benefits those who undergo acupuncture treatment enjoy. If you are suffering from stress, restless nights, or any other ailment, call Dixie Wall for help.
Do Acupuncture Needles Hurt?
While it is true that acupuncture treatment involves the insertion of needles into points on the body, acupuncture needles are very small and generally do not hurt. Some patients describe the insertion of the needles as a small sting, but certainly not painful.
Happily, there are no negative side effects to using acupuncture. Acupuncture has become a proven, safe and effective method for treating a variety of ailments. If you have any questions about acupuncture treatment or any of our other services please give us a call and come in for an appointment.
What Other Services Do You Provide?
Dixie Wall Acupuncture and Wellness uses a combination of structural, nutritional, and emotional tools to create a unique health plan for each patient. In doing so, the aim is to help you live a longer, healthier, and happier life. Our range of holistic services includes:
– Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques– According to NAET theory, allergies cause energy imbalances in the energy meridians or pathways, which is the primary cause for any allergic reaction. NAET is a holistic treatment that can help permanently eliminate food and environmental allergies that cause of a wide range of illnesses. When the energy blockage from an allergen is removed via NAET, it will not adversely affect the body again.
– NET Technique – This mind-body technique can help improve many behavioral and physical conditions through a methodology of finding and removing neurological imbalances relating to the physiology of unresolved stress. NET does not cure or heal the patient. Rather it removes any blocks and allows the body to repair itself naturally.
– Nutritional Consultant and Weight Loss – Proper nutrition helps the body to function well, making it a key component of health and healing. Dixie Wall understands the importance of nutrition and can customize diet that will incorporate your health goals, whether you want to detox, cleanse and/or lose weight. Dixie Wall and her team also understand that acupuncture can help restore the balance of the body to help you better deal with the stress, frustration, and anxiety that can trigger overeating.
– Cupping – Similarly to acupuncture, cupping is an ancient and effective way of treating numerous diseases and conditions including colds, coughs, stress, febrile conditions, and even pain. Cupping treatments work by bring toxins to the surface so they can be easily flushed out by the body. Like acupuncture, cupping is not painful. In fact, most patients say it feels wonderful.
The caring team at Dixie Wall Acupuncture and Wellness want to aid you in your quest to unlock your body, mind and spirit. Our range of holistic services can help you with any ailment you are suffering from, including stress, insomnia and pain. If you have an ailment but are unsure how to treat it, we can help you!